You’ve asked us to put together a smartphone test that uses gaming to show the strengths of each battery. Now we’ve listened to your picks for the phones we would use!
iPhone 6S Plus, Galaxy S7 Edge, HTC 10, LG G5, Nexus 6P and the OnePlus 3 have come out as your choices.
Using Real Racing 3 we’ve driven a car into the barriers on each of the phones and left the battery to drain away.
1. All phones on full brightness
2. All phones connected to same Wi-Fi
3. Battery saving wasn’t meddled with out of the box – if it was automatic, it would have turned on, if not then left manual (as you can see by the iPhone slip).
4. No other background apps open – from restart
5. All as old as the phones are – so iPhone 6S Plus is the oldest. But all are review devices, so all have been used a roughly as long as each other.
6. GPS, sync, Bluetooth etc was all turned on.
Keep your suggestions coming and we’ll do our best to put together the tests you want to see!